- Associate Head of School - Enterprise, University of Plymouth
- Guest Professor in Industrial Design at Jiangnan Uni., Wuxi, China
- Associate Professor 3D Design, University of Plymouth
- Visiting Professor, Industrial Design Department, Faculty of Architecture,
Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Award Leader MA Contemporary Designer Maker now MA Design UoP
- Award Leader 3D Design BA (Hons) - Designer Maker, Uni. of Plymouth
- Lecturer in Design - Designer Maker (0.75), Uni. of Plymouth
2018 - Guest
Professor in Industrial Design at Jiangnan Uni., Wuxi, China
- EQ Arts Expert Reviewer - Enhancing Quality in the Arts
2017 - Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Category judge - BBC Woman’s Hour, Victoria and Albert
Museum Crafts Council’s Crafts prize
- Key note presentation 1st China Crafts week, Hangzhou China
2016 - Creative Lead - Creative Industries
Hole and Corner Magazine, London Craft Week 2016, Marvellous
Mechanica,The House of St Barnaba https://vimeo.com/169845176
Port Eliot Festival https://vimeo.com/183234760
2015 - Creative Lead - Creative Industries / PU Port Eliot Festival
2014 - Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts
- Abstract peer reviewer for ‘All Makers Now?’ Conference July'14
2014+ - External Examiner - Cardiff Met. (BA (hons) Artist Designer Maker
2013 - External Examiner - Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore:
BA(hons) Fine Art, Graphic Design & 3D Design New Practice.
2012-15 - Chair Peninsular Arts Gallery Programming, Plymouth
2012-17 - External Examiner - Uni. of Ulster, MFA Multidisciplinary Design
2012+16 - External Examiner - Liverpool Hope University, BA Design
2011-13 - External Examiner for Loughborough Uni.: BA (hons) 3D Design
Visiting Professor in the Industrial Design Dep., Faculty of
Architecture at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- UPC/University Link Academic Advisor to the FDA Ceramics,
Cornwall College and Petroc College, North Devon
2009 - External Expert/Assessor Quinquennial Review, Hereford
College of Arts B.A. (Hons) Blacksmithing & BA (Hons) Con.
Designer Maker graduates:
The Designer Maker course has a reputation for producing graduates who are individual, informed and understand how to be successful in creativity and business. It offers
the opportunity for individuals to be the authors of their own artefacts whether for the one-off or multiple batch production.
Graduating students have achieved a wide range of progression opportunities including exhibitions, awards and employment: RSA Ceramics Future Design, Best Young Designer – Wallpaper, Lighting Association Design Award and Independent's Top 10 Sustainable Seating.
talking about their work & experiences...
Bethany Isaac - https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Max Davies https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zANNQp13LJE
Mark Hedley – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJyAqTrHns
Gavin Keightley - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Ogl_67JXvGY
Josh Milton – https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=HLcYnkb7o3A
Georgina Lawrence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJV_qqg8cds
Established graduates include...
Laura Lane - http://www.lauralane.co.uk/
Barnaby Barford - http://www.barnabybarford.co.uk/
Steve Brown - http://www.steveroystonbrown.com/
James Tooze - https://www.rca.ac.uk/more/staff/james-tooze/
Nick Fraser - http://www.nickfraser.co.uk/